Young Volunteer Award
Casey Community Volunteer Awards
The Casey Volunteer Awards recognise and honour those individuals who have contributed to the development of the Casey community, or have had a positive impact on the quality of life of City of Casey residents through their volunteering efforts.
The awards aim to:
- Acknowledge and recognise the voluntary achievements of individuals and groups who contribute to building and strengthening the Casey community, and who are a factor in increasing the quality of life of residents in the municipality.
- Support the work of community volunteers, organisations and groups.
- Promote and encourage residents to volunteer, participate and contribute to the community.
- Celebrate, promote and encourage volunteering.
- Bring attention to the many and varied organisations in the community that rely on volunteers.
To be eligible for a Casey Volunteer Award, nominees must be:
- Current or previous volunteers of not-for-profit organisations or groups based in or servicing residents in the City of Casey, or provide direct voluntary support to people from the City of Casey community.
In addition, to be eligible for the Young Volunteer Award, nominees must be:
- Under 25 years at the time of Volunteer week which is generally 1 May of each year. Nominations open 1 February of each year.