The Factory - Rehearsal Centre for the Arts
In this article:
The Factory Rehearsal Centre for the Arts is ideally suited to:
- School bands, rock bands, percussion groups, pipe bands and solo artists etc…
- Community performing arts groups
- Amateur theatre companies
- Community bands
- Amateur movie makers
- Professional production companies
- Professional dance groups
- Professional theatre groups
The Factory is located at the Cranbourne Indoor Leisure Complex at 65 Berwick-Cranbourne road Cranbourne East. We share the rear building with The Shed skate park.
- Loud Band Room: 14m x 9m - 25 people
- Rehearsal Room 1: (152m2) 19.2m x 9.3m - 120 people
- Rehearsal Room 2: (60m2) 9.1m x 7.3m - 44 people
- Rehearsal Room 3: (98m2) 12m x 8.3m - 66 people
- Practice Room 1: 3.4 x 6.4m - 14 people
- Practice Room 2: 3.9 x 4.4m - 10 people
- Practice Room 3: 4.2 x 4.2m - 10 people
- Practice Room 4: 3.6 x 5.8m - 14 people
- All rooms have sprung floors suitable for professional dance groups
- All rooms contain either Yamaha acoustic or electric pianos
- All rooms have access to chairs and trestle tables
- Some rooms have access to storage for regular users
Each rehearsal room has an individual 400 watt Crown/JBL in-house sound system. The system accepts audio input from RCA, and ¼” sources as well as mini plugs from ipods, laptops, iphones and CD player sources (not supplied). Users must bring their own music device source.
Special Needs Accessibility
The Factory has close disabled parking bays, ramp access, elevator access to upper level and accessible facilities including baby change tables. A loading zone is beside the entrance for the convenient loading and unloading of equipment.
Community Workshop for Performing Arts
The Factory’s Community Workshop is a space that hirers can utilise for the manufacture and maintenance of performing arts related equipment. The space is available for the construction of sets, maintenance of equipment, painting of props, etc…The floor area is large enough to complete the final assembly of sets prior to bumping into a theatre. Hiring options include daily, weekend, weekly and monthly (subject to availability).
- 4.5 metre high roller door access
- Secure Lockable space
- 9 metre X 17 metre floor space
- Separate bathroom facilities
- Suitable for painting, and manufacture of sets, stages etc…
*Please note that the Community Workshop is not designed for lo9ng term storage of equipment. This space is subject to availability.
Hirers will be required to sign the Factory’s standard Hire Agreement and provide their own Public Liability Insurance cover. Please contact The Factory for further details.
Loud Band Room
The Factory’s loud band room is a purpose built soundproof room that has been designed for louder groups such as rock bands, percussion groups, school bands, bagpipes, solo artists etc…
Some of the features of the room include:
- Drum riser
- Quality vocal PA system and microphones
- Acoustic treatment
- Instrument and amplifier hire
- Separate lounge
The spacious room measures 14 X 9 meters and will suit amateur or professional musicians. School groups may use our “house instruments” free of charge while rehearsing.
The Loud Band Room has a recording facility with the latest Pro-Tools based recording system. The recording studio may be hired for full or half days (subject to availability of recording engineers). Please see the Schedule of Fees for pricing and conditions.
The recording facility features:
- Microphones, leads and stands
- Microphone pre-amps and compressors
- Studio quality instruments
- Quality DW drum kit
Hirers will be required to provide photo identification, sign the Factory’s standard Hire Agreement and provide their own Public Liability Insurance cover when hiring the Loud Band Room and Recording facility. Please contact The Factory for further details.
For Booking and Enquiries
Coordinator, The Factory Rehearsal Centre for the Arts
City of Casey, PO Box 1000, Narre Warren, Vic 3805
Phone: 03 5995 9520
Fax: 03 5995 9530