Tertiary Student Placements
Applications for student placements are currently closed and will re - open 1 August 2013.
Tertiary Students - Course Placement
The City of Casey Youth Services department offers occasional placements to tertiary students studying youth work or other related disciplines.
Tertiary student placements are defined as an official placement by a tertiary organisation as part of a course of study. Formal agreements will be entered into to outline each party’s responsibilities and requirements for successful completion of the student placement.
Successful negotiation of a tertiary student placement request is based on a number of factors that include:
- Staff availability / commitments and expertise to supervise a student;
- Student requirements;
- Tertiary institution requirements;
- City of Casey Youth Services requirements;
- Information provided by the student to the City of Casey Youth Services;
- The number of requests received; and
- The ability of the City of Casey Youth Services to physically accommodate the student.
All requests for tertiary student placements with the City of Casey Youth Services are determined on a case by case basis. No preference is given to any particular tertiary institution or course of study.
How to Submit a Request for Tertiary Student Placement
Complete the expressions of interest form, attach it with a copy of your resume and send to Team Leader Youth Transition and Development, PO Box 1000, 3805 or email it to email@example.com.
- Students are also required to attach a copy of their current curriculum vitae.
How is a Decision Made?
Written requests for tertiary student placements are discussed at the City of Casey Youth Services Team Leaders meetings and take into account the factors listed above.
Written requests will be duly notified of the outcome.
If a placement can be offered, the City of Casey Youth Services will contact the student and ask them to attend an interview.
If the interview is satisfactory for the student and the City of Casey Youth Services, arrangements will be confirmed with the student and tertiary institution, and a commencement date will be negotiated.
Other Mandatory Requirements
Students will require:
- A satisfactory criminal records check (Police Checks can be completed online);
- A Working with Children’s Pass (forms are available from the Post Office); and
- Access to own vehicle with comprehensive insurance.
Please note that acceptance by the City of Casey of a student on placement does not guarantee or imply any future employment opportunities.
For all enquiries regarding tertiary student placements, please contact Team Leader Youth Transition and Development on 9705 5200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.