The purpose of the Strategic Development Department is to provide direction to Council on long term strategies and plans to ensure Casey retains its lifestyle and unique character, while also allowing for continued growth and development.
The Strategic Development Department are currently undertaking, or are a key stakeholder in several planning, land use and development projects that will shape the future of the city. These projects include preparation and implementation of:
- An overarching Strategic Vision for the City “C21 Strategy – Building a Great City”.
- Structure Plans for established activity centres.
- Precinct Structure Plans and Development Contribution Plans for new growth areas.
- Strategies and policies to guide the assessment of Planning Permit Applications.
- Urban Design Guidelines and Masterplans for key development sites.