Environmental Sustainability Initiative Grants deadline extended until 26 April 2012: Issued 19 April 2012
MEDIA RELEASE: 19 April 2012
Businesses, educational institutes, community groups or individuals in the City of Casey are invited to apply for funds of up to $1,000 through the City of Casey’s Environmental Sustainability Initiative Grants Program that has been extended until
26 April 2012.
City of Casey Mayor Cr Sam Aziz said ‘Council is encouraging anyone who lives, works or has ties to the City of Casey to consider if there is a project or initiative they could undertake to benefit the local environment’.
Creative and innovative projects are invited in the same key priority areas as Council’s Sustainability Plan including water, flora and fauna, air and atmosphere, materials and waste, and energy.
- Water: actions to minimise potable water use and improve waterway health
- Flora and fauna: actions to improve habitat for plants and animals to increase indigenous biodiversity
- Air and atmosphere: actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through good design and use of alternatives
- Materials and waste: actions to minimise use of raw materials
- Energy: actions to minimise energy use through good design, retrofitting and behaviour change
Projects may include revegetation/interpretive education, training, waste minimisation and alternative energy across the range of natural, built or cultural environments.
Applications close 5.00 pm, Thursday 26 April 2012.
For more information, contact City of Casey Customer Service on 9705 5200 or visit Council’s website at www.casey.vic.gov.au/environment.