Casey Healthy Choice Award
The Healthy Choice Award is a local award scheme, operated by the City of Casey that provides recognition to food vendors who provide healthy choices at community events.
The City of Casey is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the community and recognises the contribution that good nutrition makes to this. With a growing interest in healthy eating, people are looking for alternatives to foods with high fat, salt and sugar. The Healthy Choice Award helps to make these alternatives easily identifiable.
A vendor only needs one or more items classified as healthy to achieve the award.
Benefits to the community:
- Encourages a variety of healthy choices for patrons at Casey events;
- Helps people easily identify healthy choices when purchasing food from vendors; and
- Contributes to the health and wellbeing of the community.
View the current Healthy Choice Award holders
For further information on the criteria and how to apply, download the Healthy Choice Award Information Pack:
Alternatively, please contact the Health Promotion Project Officer at the City of Casey on 9705 5200 to request an Information Pack to be sent out.
- Assessment Flowchart – this document provides an easy-to-follow flowchart on how to assess a potential Healthy Choice Award menu item;
- ‘Go For Your Life’ Food Planner – a detailed guide that explains the Victorian Government’s “traffic light” system of food classification; and
- Dietary Guidelines for Australians – go to the Australian Government NHMRC website to download the NHMRC Dietary Guidelines for Australian Adults and Dietary Guidelines for Children and Adolescents in Australia.
- Providing healthier food at City of Casey events – an information sheet for vendors to include healthy food choices on their menu.
For further information or assistance with an application, please contact the Health Promotion Project Officer at the City of Casey on 9705 5200.