Request graffiti removal
We can remove most graffiti for you on the properties listed below. We aim to do this within 1 working day, after getting approval from the property owner or occupier.
It is important that you report graffiti as soon as you notice it. This will discourage offenders from using graffiti, because they want their work displayed.
Graffiti we can remove
In most cases, we can remove graffiti from:
- industrial property
- sports facilities
- council signs
- council facilities and buildings
If the graffiti is offensive, please call us on 9705 5200.
We need your help to stop graffiti. Working together with Victoria Police, we can reduce the impact of graffiti in our community.
Graffiti other organisations can remove
If the graffiti is on one of the areas shown below, you can contact the organisation responsible to have it removed.
Report graffiti in progress
If you see graffiti in-progress, you can report it by calling 000. Victoria Police will attend to the situation.
You can also report graffiti damage on your property by contacting your local Police Station. Reporting graffiti is very important because it helps to catch offenders through tag identification and tracking.
What we are doing
We are addressing graffiti in 3 ways:
Enforcement – In partnership with Victoria Police, we identify and stop offenders, prohibit graffiti and control the possession and sale of aerosol spray paint cans.
Eradication - Our contractors work to remove graffiti on City of Casey property within 1 working day of getting permission from the property owners.
Education - All Year 5 and 8 students in The City of Casey receive a free anti-graffiti education program delivered by specialist presenters. The program focuses on the individual and community costs of graffiti, vandalism, and making good life choices.
What you can do
You can help prevent graffiti by:
- Planting bushy trees and shrubs or climbing vines against external walls and fences.
- Using darker colours to paint solid external surfaces such as walls, pillars and fences.
- Applying anti-graffiti coatings to surfaces that are likely to be graffitied.
- Installing motion sensor lighting to cover areas that may be graffitied.
- Keeping your property well-maintained and presentable - messy and unmaintained properties invite graffiti.
- Submitting a request to remove graffiti immediately to deter further attacks - taggers want their work displayed.