Children’s Crossing Safety Tips
Parents need to remember:
- Slow down
- Always be alert when driving
- Drop children off earlier ( 8.45 am) rather then later - it eases congestion and gives kids time to play before school
- Many car trips are less then one kilometre from home – why not walk, great exercise!
- On wet days, drive with your headlights on, bring a raincoat, an umbrella and be prepared to walk further than usual.
- Always observe parking signs and road rule regulation. Why not park and walk to the school gate to pick up or deliver your child.
- Have the children use the car door on the footpath side. Commonsense.
- Always use the children’s crossing when it is in operation and never ever call your child across the road!
- Two and Five minutes parking means just that!
If you follow these commonsense tips and do the right thing around schools, this should create better traffic flow and a much safer environment.
Also remember that children will follow your example, "If you do it, then they will!"
For further information regarding school safety, please contact the School Crossing Coordinator.