Community Event Sign
The City of Casey has two (2) Community Event Signs:
- the corner of Princes Highway and Magid Drive, Narre Warren MapMap
- the corner of Sladen Street and Lamb Street, Cranbourne Map Map
As part of the City of Casey’s commitment to supporting a broad range of community events, the Community Event Sign’s can be utilised by community and not-for-profit groups conducting events in the municipality.
To apply for the Community Event Sign please read the terms and conditions and complete the application form below. For more information please contact the City of Casey Events Unit by email or phone 03 9705 5200.
Banner Display Time
The banners are rotated on a three-week cycle and each applicant can apply for one three-week (3) display period per event.
Terms and Conditions of the Community Event Sign
- Contact the Events Unit on 9705 5200 and complete the Event Approval Application process. The applicant is responsible for providing accurate and complete information on the Event Approval Application form.
- An application must be received by the City of Casey at least three (3) months prior to the period in which a group wishes to display their message.
- The event organising body must be based in the municipality or provide services to people within the municipality.
- Events must be open to all residents in the municipality.
- Applicants must hold current Public Liability Insurance sufficient for the proposed event.
- Trivia Nights and/or Auctions for fund-raising purposes are not eligible to apply for the Community Event Sign.
- Applicants must select a location preference: Narre Warren or Cranbourne. Please note this is a preference only and can not be guaranteed. The majority of events will only appear in one (1) location.
- The City of Casey reserves the right not to accept or promote any event that could involve the City of Casey in a controversial issue or expose Council to adverse criticism.
- Should the applicant or any of its sponsors be regarded as inappropriate under the following, then the application for promotion will not be accepted:
- An event that is at odds with local government policy directly or indirectly
- An event that does not meet the community standards relating to "good taste"
- Any products or services which are at odds with the City of Casey's duty of care, aims or objectives.
- The City of Casey will not promote any events associated with cigarettes, sex products, prostitution, illegal drugs, gambling, political parties and/or religious organisations.
- In all instances, the City of Casey reserves the right to not accept an application for space on the Community Event Signs.
- The City of Casey will not be held responsible for the conduct of the event.
- The City of Casey will not be responsible for what is promoted, and when it is offered, as there may be signs promoting different events on the same day.
- Council officers will select the events to be featured on the Community Event Signs from the applications, for the following priority groups (A being the highest level of priority, and D being the lowest), and taking into account previous access to the Community Event Signs:
The following are the different levels of priority, with 1 being the highest level of priority, and 5 being the lowest.
A. Council-initiated events
B. Council-supported events (supported through partnerships or direct funding)
Assessed in order of:
- Direct funding through the Community Grants and Contributions (Event Grants or Sponsorships)
- Events supported in partnership with City of Casey
C. Community events
Assessed in order of events that:
- Have the potential to attract large crowds of participants
- Involve a wide range of local community groups eg. local arts, cultural and ethnic groups
- Have demonstrated the ability to host the event
- Offer something entirely new to City of Casey residents
- Are accessible to all residents.
D. Council messages
- Civic functions and openings/launches.
- Important information for the residents of the municipality
E. Events held outside the City of Casey
The City of Casey will be responsible for:
- Advising of success of application or otherwise
- Creation, production and storage of the banner
- Signwriting of each banner and colour backgrounds for each banner
- Installation and removal of the banner
- All costs associated with the production, installation and removal of the banner.