How to arrange your rubbish
To make sure your hard rubbish is collected:
- arrange all items into 4 piles (garden waste, mattresses, steel/metal, general)
- have a maximum of 3 cubic metres (m3) of acceptable rubbish
- only include items that can safely be lifted by 2 people (maximum of 30kg).
- have no item longer than 1.5m
What we can collect
Mattresses and bases (up to 6)
Car tyres (up to 4)
Garden waste (up to 5 tied bundles)
White goods and scrap metal (please remove the doors or tape them shut)
E waste: TVs, stereos and computers
Other items we can collect
Even though we can collect the below items, they will be sent to landfill. If possible, try and donate items in good condition to a charity or find a recycling centre near you. We also have a list of other places you can dispose of certain unwanted items.
- empty paint tins (lids removed)
- timber (maximum of 12 pieces)
- household furniture (including beds, couches, tables, chairs, drawers outdoor furniture etc.)
- toys, crockery and household items
- carpet/underlay (up to 3 rolls)
- baby seats and capsules with straps removed
- mirrors/windows (securely wrapped in cardboard and marked "Glass")
What we can't collect
Soil, rubble, concrete or bricks
Other items we can't collect
We will not collect the following items as part of your hard rubbish collection. Find out where else you can dispose of them.
- garden waste in plastic bags
- renovation and building materials or pallets
- plasterboard, fibreboard (MDF), cupboard and bench materials
- fence panels or fencing timber
- fire extinguishers
- coil springs
- car bodies
- barbed wire
- chemicals or empty containers
- asbestos sheeting or products
- unwrapped or broken glass
Book a hard rubbish collection
If you are unable to book online, please contact Cleanaway on 9729 9100.
Sometimes the phone lines can be busy. To avoid being placed on hold, we recommend you book online.
Casey residents can book up to 2 collections per property each calendar year. To find out how many collections you have left, please contact Cleanaway on 9729 9100.
What happens next?
Change or cancel your booking
You can cancel your hard rubbish collection booking up until the Friday before your collection week. To cancel your booking, please contact Cleanaway on 9729 9100.
Report a missed collection
If your rubbish has not been collected by Friday 3:00 pm of your collection week, please contact us.
Report dumped rubbish on your pile
If you believe someone has dumped their waste on your existing hard rubbish pile, you should report it to us as soon as possible. The earlier you make a report, the more likely we can arrange to have your rubbish picked up at the scheduled time.
To make a report, please contact us with the following details:
- your name and contact details
- the address where your hard rubbish pile is located
- any photos of your hard rubbish pile when you first put it out for collection
What happens next?
- If you report the issue before your scheduled collection date, we will try and ensure all your rubbish is collected as per usual.
Tell us what you think
If you have a minute, we'd love to hear how you found the information on this page. Please complete this very short survey to tell us what you think.