Council provides a rebate to City of Casey residents of half their cloth nappy or reusable sanitary product spend up to $300 for cloth nappies and $100 for reusable sanitary products.
Some nappy facts
- Whilst disposable nappies are cheaper to purchase per nappy; each child will go through thousands of them
- Disposable nappies contribute over two tonnes of waste per child which take hundreds of years to break down in landfill.
- Cloth nappies are more expensive per nappy, but you only have to purchase approximately 30 of them
- You can re-use cloth nappies for subsequent children, which reduces the costs even further.
- Whilst cloth nappies do have a cost associated with laundry, this does not come near the cost of disposables.
- Cloth nappies are no longer just the terry towelling squares that you might remember from your childhood, instead, they are made from a variety of materials, and many are fitted, some are a cover and liner, and some are all in ones – just like a disposable, except washable.
- The savings from using cloth nappies over disposables has been quoted as being up to $3,000 per child in nappies.
Complete the Cloth Nappy and Reusable Sanitary Product Rebate application.
The City of Casey would like to encourage parents to choose cloth nappies over disposables, as well as choosing reusable sanitary products.