Communications Service Commitment
In this article:
What we do
Communications keeps the community informed by raising awareness of Council services, activities and achievements. Communications also provides information regarding issues affecting our community and the municipality in which they live.
Advocacy and community consultation
We engage the community in decision making and lobby on their behalf for improved community infrastructure and services.
Communications and publications
We coordinate a range of tools to assist Council to communicate effectively with the community and other stakeholders.
Our service commitments
Council is committed to providing a high standard of customer service that is timely, accurate and accountable, and responsive to customer needs.
- Respond to social media posts within one (1) working day of a post being received.
- Allow a minimum of 28 days for responses to be received for all community consultation activities.
- Communications is committed to the standards outlined in the City of Casey’s Customer Service Charter.
We recognise there will be times where we are unable to meet these timeframes. This may be due to the complexity of the request or circumstances outside our control. Where this is the case, we will explain this to you and provide you with an expected timeframe.
Help us to help you
When you contact Council, please provide all relevant information to help us better assist you in a timely manner. This may require you to:
- Complete any application forms in full.
- Include payment of fees where applicable.
- Provide clear and accurate details relating to your request, including the location.
- Provide diagrams, maps with Melway reference, or illustrations where required.
- Provide contact details for further enquiries including name, email and daytime phone number.
Further information can be found on our website on the following topics:
- Citynews Newsletter
- Community Consultation
- Casey Community News editorial
- Current Highlights
- Media Releases
- Public Notices and Draft Policies and Strategies
General enquiries can be handled by Council’s Customer Service team Monday to Friday between 8.00 am – 6.00 pm.
More complex enquiries can be handled directly by Communications staff Monday to Friday between 8.30 am – 5.15 pm.
Telephone - 9705 5200
Fax - 9704 9544
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Respecting your privacy
The City of Casey understands the importance of confidentiality and will handle your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2000 and the Health Records Act 2001.
Customer satisfaction and responding to your concerns
The City of Casey is committed to providing excellent service and always welcomes your feedback.
If you feel that a mistake has been made or a service standard not met, please:
- Direct your initial enquiry to the relevant department who will attempt to resolve your concern as a matter of priority.
- If after speaking to the relevant department your concerns are still unresolved, you may elect to lodge a formal complaint.
- Further information on our Responding to Your Concerns Policy can be obtained by contacting our Customer Service team on 9705 5200 or by viewing our website www.casey.vic.gov.au/policiesstrategies/
Translation and interpreting services
To contact Council in your own language phone 13 14 50, then ask for 9705 5200.
National Relay Service
The City of Casey is NRS friendly:
If you are deaf or have hearing or speech impairment, you can call the Council through the National Relay Service (NRS).
- TTY users phone NRS on 133677 then ask for 03 9705 5200
- Speak & Listen (speech to speech) users phone NRS on 1300 555 727 then ask for 03 9705 5200
- Internet relay users connect to NRS on www.relayservice.com.au then ask for 03 9705 5200.