Customer Service Commitments
In this article:
Our Commitment to You
What You Can Expect From Us
Council is committed to providing a high standard of customer service that is timely, accurate and accountable, and responsive to customer needs.
When you contact Council, we will:
- Greet you politely and identify ourselves by name.
- Answer your telephone call promptly.
- Treat you with respect and courtesy.
- Listen carefully to you, so that we may understand and respond to your needs appropriately.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Take responsibility to assist you with your enquiry to the best of our ability.
- Provide choice in our delivery methods so that our services are accessible across the community.
When we respond to your enquiries, we will:
- Return telephone messages within one (1) working day.
- Provide a response to your written enquiries within ten (10) working days. If this is not possible, an acknowledgement will be sent stating when you will receive a response; including contact details of the area handling your enquiry.
Respecting Your Privacy
Customers can expect that we will:
Handle your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2000 and the Health Records Act 2001.
When we make a decision, we will:
- Consider all perspectives before reaching a decision.
- Make decisions that are consistent, fair and in line with Council policies, and relevant legislation.
- Explain the reasons for our decisions.
- Communicate our decisions, and respond with any further action in a timely manner.
Help Us to Help You
When you contact Council, please:
- Provide all relevant information to help us better assist you with your enquiry.
Feedback From You
We welcome, at any time, comments or suggestions to help us improve our service to you. Additionally, we will:
- Monitor our performance constantly, and consult with our customers annually to help us better tailor our services to meet your needs.
- Review this charter as part of Council’s planning cycle, and consider your comments as part of the review.
Responding to Your Concerns
- Respond to your concerns as a matter of priority.
If you feel that the service we have provided to you has not met the terms of this Customer Service Charter, you may lodge a formal complaint with Council.
Download the Customer Service Charter flyer.
From footpaths and local laws to child care and events, the City of Casey provides over 100 services to residents every day.
Council has recently launched a comprehensive suite of Customer Service Commitments for its major services.
The service commitments inform you of what you can expect when dealing with Council.
You can view the suite of Customer Service Commitments below or you can obtain a copy by contacting City of Casey Customer Service on 9705 5200.
- Animal Control
- Building Services
- Child Care
- Community Safety
- Community Strengthening
- Community Transport
- Council Governance
- Early Parenting Support
- Economic Development
- Engineering and Asset Management
- Environmental Health
- Family Day Care
- Fire Prevention
- Home and Community Care
- Home and Community Care - Eligibility
- Home and Community Care - General Home Maintenance
- Home and Community Care - Home Based Services
- Home and Community Care - Meals Service
- Home and Community Care - Social Support
- Home and Community Care - Volunteer Transport
- Internal Ombudsman
- Local Laws
- Maternal and Child Health
- Parks and Reserves
- Property, Rates and Valuations
- Roads and Construction Service Commitment
- School Based Programs
- Youth Support and Counselling