The State Government's Know Your Council website compares the performance of Victorian Councils against a series of indicators.
The 2016/17 information shows that Casey made strong improvements across a range of areas and that Councils delivers many high-quality and cost-effective services. Council’s performance highlights include:
- Council provides one of the most reliable and low-cost waste collection services in the state and diverts more than 52% of all rubbish from landfill.
- Council is a top performer when it comes to food safety, being quick to action food complaints and stringent in completing food safety assessments.
- Council made just 2.6% of decisions in closed Council, down from 23% and 37% in previous years, demonstrating Councils commitment and emphasis on being more transparent.
- Council maintains sealed local roads well, resulting in a lower rate of requests from residents regarding roads and high community satisfaction in comparison to the state average.
- Council achieved a significant increase in participation in Maternal and Child Health services by Aboriginal children after improving accessibility to the service.
View Casey's performance details.