The Municipal Rates Concession offers a discount on Municipal/Council rates of 50% to a maximum of $213.00 with a $50.00 rebate also available for the Fire Services Property Levy for the 2015/2016 rating period. The Concession amount is indexed every year by the State Government.
What concession cards are eligible?
Eligible cards are:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
- DVA Gold Card - Totally and Permanently incapacitated (TPI)
- DVA Gold Card - War Widow (WW)
- Veteran Affairs Prisoner of War (POW) and (Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA) pension card holders
Applications for rebates on Council Rates for these specific types of Department of Veteran Affairs pension cards only must be made directly to the Department of Human Services Concession Unit. Details are shown on the Municipal Rates Concession EDA and POW - application form available from the Department of Human Services website.
- Health Care Card holders are ineligible for the rebate
- This Government rebate is only entitled on your principal place of residence
To claim a concession on your municipal rates and charges you must ensure that:
- You have any one of the eligible concession cards and your card is valid at the time of application, and
- You are the person responsible for payment of the account, and
- Your name is on the account, and
- Your name and address on the account matches that on the concession card.
Applying for the rebate
To apply for a rebate, you must present your relevant card at one of our Customer Service Centres and complete the Municipal Rates Concession - application form available from the Department of Human Services website. Once your application has been validated by the relevant authority, the appropriate rebate amount will be applied to your rate account.
For further information contact the Rates and Valuations Department on 9705 5200.
Paying your rates
View rate payment options and methods.