Responsible Department - Strategic Development
Heritage Strategy (374kb)
Protect and integrate the most valued parts of our heritage into an evolving environment while meeting the needs of a rapidly changing community.
The Heritage Strategy provides a framework for addressing the significant challenges of trying to protect and integrate the most valued parts of our heritage whilst meeting the needs of a rapidly-changing environment. The strategy’s objectives include:
- Support and initiation of research and investigation of the City’s history and heritage.
- Encouragement of community appreciation of history and cultural heritage, and promotion of active participation in its conservation.
- Retention of heritage places.
- Protection of significant heritage places from adverse impacts resulting from deterioration, inappropriate land use and development.
- Support, assistance and encouragement to those who own / manage heritage places.