Responsible Department - Environment
Integrated Water Management Plan (6mb)
Integrated Water Management Policy (7mb)
This document details the City of Casey’s water management vision towards building a Water Efficient City.
The aim of the Integrated Water Management (IWM) Plan is to create a City that is more resilient to urban development, future population growth and climate change.
The Integrated Water Management Plan will deliver the following outcomes:
- Avoid potable (drinking) water use and cost, where possible
- Use and manage water resources as fit for purpose
- Create a City that is resilient to flood, drought and other water threats to the environment
- Protect and improve the health of waterways and bays
- Ensure Council and stakeholders comply with legislation
- Prioritise investment in integrated water management that achieves the greatest benefits for the economy, environment and community
- Enhance community and economic well-being.