Issued Tuesday 12 December 2017
The Melbourne Stars are set to hit Casey Fields this week for the sixth annual Melbourne Stars Family Day!
Council, in partnership with the Melbourne Stars, will deliver the FREE event for the community this Sunday 17 December from 11.00 am until 3.00 pm at Casey Fields in Cranbourne East.
The entertainment will be endless, with plenty of FREE activities happening throughout the day, including:
- Chances to meet and get autographs from Melbourne Stars players, including captains John Hastings and Kristen Beams.
- Free activities including rides, kid’s workshops, face painting, animal encounters, roving entertainers and stalls.
- Melbourne Stars will run a range of fun cricket activities including Stars Land, cricket inflatables and a double pitch throwing activity.
- Local cricketers will take part in a Milo in2CRICKET clinic coordinated from 12.00 pm - 12.45 pm.
- Cricket action to watch including a Harmony in Cricket All-Star match which will take place between 9.00 am and 12.00 pm. Teams are selected from sides within the Kings Premier League – a local competition. A Pathways (two under-18 state carnival teams) match will also take place from 1.00 pm until 4.00 pm.
City of Casey Mayor Cr Geoff Ablett encouraged Casey residents to come along and get into the spirit with the cricket season now upon us.
“I hope to see plenty of our residents at Casey Fields this Sunday as it’s a great opportunity to get all the family out to have some fun and get active,” he said.
“Council is proud of its partnership with the Melbourne Stars and we’re excited to provide our residents with this unique opportunity to mix with some of the best sports stars in the country.
“Through the partnership we’re working together to promote cricket and active recreation in Casey, give our residents and local cricketers exposure to the competition’s best players, and establish pathways from beginner, to representative and then elite levels of the sport for both males and females.”
Melbourne Stars Chief Executive Clint Cooper said “the Melbourne Stars Family Day is a wonderful opportunity for our fans and the broader community to connect with our players.
“We’re thrilled to continue our partnership with the City of Casey and delighted to promote healthy activities in such a passionate cricket region.
“Players from both the men’s and women’s teams at our club love to help strengthen our links with local communities and our Family Day promises to be another terrific event.”
For more information on the family day, visit the Melbourne Stars webpage or search ‘Melbourne Stars Family Day’ on Facebook.