Issued Friday 16 February 2018
The City of Casey’s 2018/19 Minor Capital Works at Community Facilities Program is now accepting applications from community groups and organisations.
Council provides funding of up to $50,000 per project or $75,000 in total for a maximum of three projects, with community groups required to contribute 15 per cent of the project cost for projects up to $30,000 or 20 per cent of the cost for projects totalling more than $30,000.
City of Casey Mayor Cr Geoff Ablett said the program aims to ensure the enhancement and ongoing development of high quality, accessible facilities for clubs, community groups and the broader community, for the community’s benefit.
“I strongly encourage community groups to get their applications in so that they have a chance to secure financial support to enable them to continue their outstanding work within our community”, said the Mayor.
“Successful applicants will have the works managed by Council in conjunction with the relevant groups”.
Requirements to be met:
- Are a club or user group that operates at Council owned, managed or leased facilities or where management of the facility is community based and access to the broader community is ensured.
- Provide a firm quote for intended work and in some cases, architectural drawings.
- Include all permits, approvals and insurance in the total cost of the project and in your application.
- Are prepared to enter into a funding agreement with Council.
- Only use the funds for the purpose specified in your application (unless otherwise approved by Council).
- Contribute the required amounts
- Spend the funds in the same financial year that they are allocated.
- Consult with Council about your plans before you plan to start the project, the project must be signed off by Council before any works commence.
Applications close on Friday 16 March 2018 and can be submitted via Council’s website. Assistance is available from Council’s Capital Works Program Team in making an online submission.
View a list of previously funded projects and information around what cannot be funded on the minor works to improve a community facility webpage or contact the Capital Works Program Team on 9705 5200.