Moving house

If you are moving into (or within) the City of Casey, our online services can help.

Please complete the forms below that are relevant to you.

Update your name and address

By changing your contact details, we will be able to stay in touch with you and you can easily access our services.

Update your details

Request new or additional bins

If you have moved to a newly built house, you will need to order your bins from us. Your rates include a garbage bin, a recycling bin and a green waste bin.

You can also use this form if you need additional bins at your property.

Request new bins

Change your child's kinder registration

You can use our online form to:

  • change your preferred kindergartens
  • transfer your child to another kindergarten 
  • change the year your child attends kindergarten
  • cancel your child's kindergarten registration

Change kinder registration details

Book a hard rubbish collection

During your move, you may have hard waste that you need to dispose of.

You will need to find out what is considered hard rubbish before booking a collection.

Book a hard rubbish collection

Paying your rates

When you buy a house, you normally won’t need to pay your rates immediately. Your settlement should cover any outstanding rates. If you are unsure, please check with your conveyancer or solicitor.

After settlement, we will start sending your rates notices to you automatically. To make sure we send your notices to the correct address, please update your details.

To get an idea of what to expect, you can find out more about paying your rates.

Transfer your pet registration details

If you’re moving from another council, you can transfer your pet’s registration details by completing the Registration form for cats and dogs (588kb).

You will not be charged again if you can provide proof of payment from your previous Council for the current registration period.

If you’ve moved within the City of Casey, please update your pet’s address details using our request a service form.

Other services

When you move, don’t forget to update your address and contact details with:

  • myGov for the ATO, Centrelink and other government services
  • the electoral roll so you can vote in future elections
  • VicRoads for your driver's licence and car registration
  • your bank, superannuation, insurance and energy providers (electricity, gas, water) 
  • any memberships you have, such as your gym and local library