Salary: Starts at $81,328 per annum plus super
Position Description: Stormwater Modeller (816kb) Stormwater Modeller (333kb)
- Contract role until June 2018
- Flexible work arrangements – Part time or Full time
The City of Casey is a popular place to be, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, an abundance of parks and leisure facilities, and a vibrant arts, cultural, community and civic centre known as Bunjil Place. We pride ourselves on our diverse and welcoming environment. Everyone is encouraged to be innovative and to continuously improve what they do.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our innovative, growing and industry-leading organisation, delivering frontline services and improving liveability for our community.
With our brand new state of the art office you will have access to:
- Flexibility: the flexibility and freedom in where and how you choose to work
- Range of spaces: different workspaces appropriate to the type of task being undertaken - collaborative, concentrative, confidential or creative
- New technology: an improved work environment, including new and efficient mobile technology
- Collaboration: opportunities for collaboration and communication through a range of meeting rooms and shared spaces
- Employee health and wellbeing: a modern and fresh work environment including natural light and new shared facilities
- Environment: sustainable paperless environment
The department of City Planning is seeking an experienced Flood Modeller to provide strategic advice and input into the planning of Casey’s flood management strategy and specialised expertise in flood and drainage modelling,
With a detailed understanding of hydraulic modelling, the incumbent will lead, develop and implement flood mapping and mitigation projects using detailed technical assessments and utilising TUFLOW, RORB and QGIS to provide the best outcome for the community.
With a great deal of flexibility in this role, you may see this as an excellent opportunity to structure your hours around other contract work or whatever your personal situation.
Along with qualifications relevant to hydraulic modelling and stormwater management you will:
- have an Intimate understanding of Australian Rainfall and Runoff 2016
- exhibit extensive experience in flood hydrologic and hydraulic modelling.
- demonstrate your experience in Integrated Water Management by the way of flood mitigation projects
- be Proficient in using flood modelling tools, specifically TUFLOW and RORB
- possess extensive experience in the use of GIS packages including QGIS.
- demonstrate your acute project management skills showing your ability to develop, administer, manage and coordinate complex, programs, projects, and resources effectively to achieve work goals to meet deadlines and commitments
Experience and knowledge in water sensitive urban design and MUSIC modelling is preferred although not essential.
To express your interest, please describe in 200 words or less what qualities and skills you will bring to this position. Please forward your response via the Application Form below.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Whilst there is no closing date for this vacancy, we are eager to find the right person to join the team as soon as possible and we hope to commence interviews as suitable applications are received.
Application Form - Stormwater Modeller