Salary: Starts at $33.62 per hour plus super.
Position Description: Lactation Support Worker (816kb) Lactation Support Worker (290kb)
The City of Casey is a popular place to be, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, an abundance of parks and leisure facilities, and a vibrant arts, cultural, community and civic centre known as Bunjil Place. We pride ourselves on our diverse and welcoming environment. Everyone is encouraged to be innovative and to continuously improve what they do.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our innovative, growing and industry-leading organisation, delivering frontline services and improving liveability for our community.
With our brand new state of the art office you will have access to:
- Flexibility: the flexibility and freedom in where and how you choose to work
- Range of spaces: different workspaces appropriate to the type of task being undertaken - collaborative, concentrative, confidential or creative
- New technology: an improved work environment, including new and efficient mobile technology
- Collaboration: opportunities for collaboration and communication through a range of meeting rooms and shared spaces
- Employee health and wellbeing: a modern and fresh work environment including natural light and new shared facilities
- Environment: sustainable paperless environment
Here’s your chance to join Casey’s passionate and supportive Maternal & Child Health Team.
You will improve the health and wellbeing of families and their children, through the use of your extensive knowledge and experience in lactation, by providing support and assistance to families experiencing lactation difficulties.
You will assist in the ongoing development and implementation of current lactation practice to ensure that services provided are responsive, client focused and of best practice.
We have a 1.2 EFT position available and have the capacity for flexibility of the hours to accommodate the right people in our team. We are open to negotiating suitable hours and will also consider supporting a midwife with lactation experience in undertaking their LC qualification.
Your Tertiary qualification in Division 1 or 2 Nursing / Midwifery or equivalent and ideally your IBCLC will support you to provide exceptional service to the City of Casey.
To express your interest, please describe in 200 words or less what qualities and skills you will bring to this position. Please forward your response via the Application Form below.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Whilst there is no closing date for this vacancy, we are eager to find the right person to join the team as soon as possible and we hope to commence interviews as suitable applications are received.
Application Form - Lactation Support Worker