Salary: Starts at $34.41 per hour plus super
Position Description: Dad's Matter Project Worker (813kb) Dad's Matter Project Worker (348kb)
The City of Casey is a popular place to be, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, an abundance of parks and leisure facilities, and a vibrant arts, cultural, community and civic centre known as Bunjil Place. We pride ourselves on our diverse and welcoming environment. Everyone is encouraged to be innovative and to continuously improve what they do.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our innovative, growing and industry-leading organisation, delivering frontline services and improving liveability for our community.
With our brand new state of the art office you will have access to:
- Flexibility: the flexibility and freedom in where and how you choose to work
- Range of spaces: different workspaces appropriate to the type of task being undertaken - collaborative, concentrative, confidential or creative
- New technology: an improved work environment, including new and efficient mobile technology
- Collaboration: opportunities for collaboration and communication through a range of meeting rooms and shared spaces
- Employee health and wellbeing: a modern and fresh work environment including natural light and new shared facilities
- Environment: sustainable paperless environment
An exciting role is available within our Child, Youth and Family Department to engage families, community groups and service providers in council activities. There will be a primary focus on developing opportunities to encourage fathers in their role and enhance relationships with their young children.
The role aims to develop, implement and coordinate parenting and health programs in the City of Casey. This is a customer focussed role and where the incumbent will establish rapport with fathers and encourage their participation in the planning and implementation of family initiatives.
To be considered for the role, you will be tertiary qualified or have equivalent experience in Children’s Services, Community Development, Health Promotion or a similar field. You will be creative and inspired to develop and implement innovative and engaging programs. You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the role of fathers in family structures along with the developmental needs of children.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
To express your interest, please describe in 200 words or less what qualities and skills you will bring to this position. Please forward your response via the Application Form below.
Application Form - Dad's Matter Project Worker
Please note: Whilst there is no closing date for this vacancy, we are eager to find the right person to join the team as soon as possible and we hope to commence interviews as suitable applications are received.