Salary: Starts at $34.41 per hour plus super
Position Description: Compliance Officer (331kb) Compliance Officer (826kb)
Part time – 22.8 hours per week
Limited tenure role until 30 November 2018
Progressive Victorian Council
The City of Casey is a popular place to be, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, an abundance of parks and leisure facilities, and a vibrant arts, cultural, community and civic centre known as Bunjil Place. We pride ourselves on our diverse and welcoming environment. Everyone is encouraged to be innovative and to continuously improve what they do.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our innovative, growing and industry-leading organisation, delivering frontline services and improving liveability for our community.
With our brand new state of the art office you will have access to:
- Flexibility: the flexibility and freedom in where and how you choose to work
- Range of spaces: different workspaces appropriate to the type of task being undertaken - collaborative, concentrative, confidential or creative
- New technology: an improved work environment, including new and efficient mobile technology
- Collaboration: opportunities for collaboration and communication through a range of meeting rooms and shared spaces
- Employee health and wellbeing: a modern and fresh work environment including natural light and new shared facilities
- Environment: sustainable paperless environment
An exciting opportunity is available within the Governance department to monitor and improve governance policies and compliance initiatives to ensure the Council meets its responsibilities under the Infringements Act 2006.
The role will encourage best practice governance through the development and implementation of systems and promote and conduct training sessions on a range of compliance topics. Administrative tasks will include objectively and efficiently processing Infringement Reviews and Freedom of Information Requests in line with legislative requirements.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have knowledge of the Freedom of Information processes relevant to legislation and an understanding Local Government enforcement and prosecutions.
You will be able to hit the ground running and demonstrate how you have shown initiative and assisted in the development of practical solutions to enforcement management issues.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
To express your interest, please describe in 200 words or less what qualities and skills you will bring to this position. Please forward your response via the Application Form below.
Application Form - Compliance Officer
Whilst there is no closing date for this vacancy, we are eager to find the right person to join the team as soon as possible and we hope to commence interviews as suitable applications are received.