The Youth Counselling and Support team deliver a free, confidential service that provides young people aged 10 to 25 with someone to talk to and assist them when things are difficult to manage. The program also provides support for parents and carers of young people who are experiencing difficulties or concerned about their child’s mental wellbeing.
Who can access help?
- Individual Counselling is offered to young people aged 13-25 years who live, work, study or have a significant connection to Casey.
- Children aged 10-12 years will be offered Parent Assisted Therapy where parents are actively involved in the counselling process and the implementation of strategies at home.
- Parents or carers of 10-25 year olds, are initially offered up to 3 sessions of support with the aim of providing mental health information, communication strategies with t(w)eens and refining existing parenting skills.
All services are confidential and offered free, without the need for a mental health care plan. Parental consent is required for services to anyone under the age of 13 prior to commencement.
How do I make contact?
We know how important it is to reduce any delay to counselling and only have to share your personal experiences one time. That is why when you call us, you will speak directly to one of the counselling team members.
- For direct phone contact with a counsellor please call: 9792 7279.
- Sometimes it can be hard to make that call so young people 13 to 25 can also text their request for support to 0417 347 909 stating their name and contact number and we will contact them.
Where will I see a counsellor?
The three City of Casey Youth Centres are an ideal place for counselling with an inviting, non-threatening environment and connections to a range of activities, events and services. We also have some limited capacity to see young people and parents at one of our 11 Family and Community Centres.