Nominations for the 2018 Casey Volunteer Awards are now open. Nominations can be made online by visiting the Smartygrants Portal. If you need any help completing the online form please call the City of Casey on 9705 5200.
View Past Volunteer Awards winners.
2018 Casey Volunteer Awards Guidelines
The Casey Volunteer Awards recognise and honour individuals, groups and organisations that have contributed significantly to the Casey community or have had a positive impact on the quality of life for residents of the City of Casey through their volunteering efforts.
Nominations are accepted annually. All eligible nominees are acknowledged at the 2018 Casey Volunteer Awards announced at a civic function in July 2018.
- Casey Individual Volunteer Award
- Casey Young Volunteer Award
(under 25 year of age)
- Casey Volunteering Pair Award
(a team of two whose volunteering contribution is viewed in conjunction with the other)
- Casey Volunteer Group Award
(a group consisting of all volunteers)
- Casey Volunteer Organisation Award
(an organisation that employs paid staff and engages volunteers)
- Nominations open on Monday 21 May 2018 at 10.00 am.
- Nominations close on Wednesday 20 June 2018 at 3.00 pm.
- Nomination forms should include all relevant information in detail.Nominations are assessed on the information contained in the nomination form only.No additional information will be considered.
- All nominations remain the property of the City of Casey.
- Nominations are made online via the City of Casey website.Only online nominations will be accepted.Assistance to complete the online nomination form can be provided by phoning the Community Programs Officer on 9705 5200.
Eligibility and criteria
Individual Volunteer, Young Volunteer, and Volunteering Pair Nominations
- Award nominees must be current or previous volunteers who have positively impacted on the Casey community.
- Nominations will be assessed on the nominee’s volunteering contribution to the Casey community, as detailed in the nomination form.
- Nominees must have had a positive impact on the quality of life of residents of the City of Casey through their volunteering efforts.
- Nominees for Casey Young Volunteer Award must be less than 25 years of age as at 21 May 2018.
- All nominees over the age of 18 years as at 21 May 2018 must sign a Statutory Declaration stating that they do not have a criminal record, convictions and/or outstanding or pending charges.
- A maximum of three individual nominees per group/organisation may be nominated in any one year.
Casey Volunteer Group and Casey Volunteer Organisation Nominations
- Nominees must be a group or organisation based in the City of Casey or providing services to residents of the City of Casey.
- Groups and organisations may nominate for the volunteer work they regularly undertake or for particular programs or projects they have conducted.
- Groups and organisations must make a difference to and contribute to the quality of life for those in the Casey community through their volunteering contribution.
- Groups and organisations may self-nominate.
- Nominations will be assessed on the volunteering contribution to the Casey community, as detailed in the nomination form.
- Eligible nominations will have two people invited to represent the group at the Casey Volunteer Awards 2018 Ceremony.
Ineligibility - the following will not be accepted:
- Self-nominations for Young, Individual or Pair categories.
- Nominations not supported by two people - a nominator and a referee.
- Nominations for current or past City of Casey staff (within five years since employment ceased).
- Nominations for current or past City of Casey Councillors (within five years since serving as a Councillor).
- Incomplete nomination forms.
- Nomination forms not submitted via the online system.
- Nominations received after the closing date of 3.00 pm on Wednesday 20 June 2018.
- School volunteer groups are ineligible. Individual students or staff who volunteer can be nominated however groups of pupils/staff from schools are ineligible.