What are Achievement Grants?
The City of Casey’s vision for the municipality is ‘to be the city of choice to live, work and raise a family’.
Council has allocated funds under the Achievement Grants Program to recognise individual achievement and to assist residents reach their full potential.
Achievement Grants support residents to participate in state, national and international events or activities as competitors, umpires and adjudicators.
This includes sporting, performing arts, visual arts, music, science and technology, and other competitive events or activities.
The grant provides individuals in the City of Casey with financial assistance to help meet some of their travel and participation costs.
What funding is available?
Eligible individuals can apply for the following amounts:
- Up to $100 for an event or activity held in Victoria
- Up to $250 for an interstate event or activity
- Up to $500 for an international event or activity.
Who can apply?
To be eligible applicants need to be:
- a resident of the City of Casey
- selected or invited to participate
- participating in an event or activity that is conducted or coordinated by a recognised peak body
- travelling to events/activities held further than 125 kilometres from home, this includes interstate and overseas.
What will not be funded?
- Coaching, training and teaching costs.
- Conferences and professional development courses.
- Applications from individuals who have not completed and submitted Council’s Grant Acquittal Form for previous funding.
- Participation in events held by commercial businesses.
- Community service, voluntary work or fundraising activities.
- Participation in events or activities that Council perceives to have a negative image, eg. an association with alcohol, gambling or smoking.
- School, university or club based tours and friendship competitions.
How do the Achievement Grants work?
- Applications are open all year.
- Applicants need to submit their application before attending the event or activity.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive one Achievement Grant every two years.
- Applications will be assessed by a panel of Council officers according to the schedule below.
|Months in which application is submitted
||Month in which the application is assessed
|July - August 2016
|September - October 2016
|November - December 2016
|January - February 2017
|March - April 2017
|May - June 2017
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome as soon as possible after the application is assessed.
- Successful applicants will receive their grant funds after participation in the event and successful submission of their Grant Acquittal Form.
- If several Casey residents apply for funding to participate in the same event or activity, a maximum amount may be allocated for that event or activity.
- Once the funding pool has been expended, no additional funding will be available within the financial year. Prospective applicants will be advised accordingly.
- Applications may be prioritised based on travel distance. National and international events/activities may take priority over those held in Victoria.
How do I apply?
- Applications must be submitted using the online application form and include additional information as specified, such as proof of residency. Access to the internet and an email address will be required. Access the online Application Form.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter or other official documentation from the peak body confirming that the event/activity is of state, national or international standard and confirming the selection/invitation of the applicant.
- A “Statement by a Supplier” Form must be completed in if the applicant is over the age of 18. Access the Statement by Supplier Form.
What happens if my application is successful?
- Successful applicants will be notified by email. All grants are subject to the conditions as listed in Council’s Grants and Contributions Policy
- A Grant Acquittal Form must be completed online as soon as possible after the event/activity. Payment will be made after the completed Grant Acquittal Form has been submitted. The information sought through this acquittal will only be used by the City of Casey to report on the events and activities in which residents participated. It may be published in Council documents and publications.
What happens if my application is unsuccessful?
An email will be sent to unsuccessful applicants advising the reason why the application was not successful. Applicants are encouraged to make another application in future, provided that the applicant and the event or activity is eligible.
Community Grants Officers are available to answer questions about how to apply and general queries. They can be contacted on 9705 5200 or email: email@example.com
The City of Casey is committed to the protection of your privacy.
Your personal information will be handled in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and used for the specified purpose. You can access your personal information by contacting Council’s Privacy Officer on 9705 5200.
The guidelines for this grant program are aligned with the City of Casey’s ‘Grants and Contributions Policy’ (Version 1.2 reviewed in January 2013)