City of Casey FDC Educators are:
- Contractors with the City of Casey who provide quality childcare in a home environment
- Trained thoroughly on orientation and on-going professional development
- Regularly monitored and supported by qualified Support and Resource officers from the City of Casey
- Committed to providing a safe, stimulating and flexible environment for your children
- Professionals who have a caring attitude and understand the needs of children and their families
- Participate in regular professional development to maintain and expand their skills and knowledge
- FDC Educators must have Certificate 3 or Diploma qualifications.
FDC Educators are required to:
- Attend orientation training
- Meet safety requirements of the home
- Annual safety check, roadworthy and restraint check on vehicles used for Family Day Care
- Annual compulsory attendance of professional development (manual handling and child protection)
- Have a current Police Check, Public Liability Insurance, Medical checks, First Aid certificate and Anaphylaxis training, and a Working with Children Check for all members of the household over 17 years of age
A FDC Educator must update on an annual basis in order to stay registered as FDC Educators.