Best Start is funded by the State Government through the Department of Education and Training and aims to achieve the following objectives for the City of Casey community:
- Improve access for children to child and family support services, health services and early education services
- Enhance families, and carers, enjoyment in parenting
- Encourage the community to become more child and family-friendly
- Identify and address barriers to participation in early years services
- Assist parents to support their children’s development and encourage community services to respond to children’s needs
Best Start brings together agencies and services with expertise and experience in child rearing, early years service delivery, local planning and good practice to form the City of Casey Family and Children’s Services Partnership.
Best Start 2016
The role of the Best Start partnership is to meet regularly to develop, monitor and deliver a plan to improve the health, development, learning and wellbeing of City of Casey children from pregnancy through to end of primary school age.
For 2016 the Best Start outcomes are:
- Children engage and participate in early childhood education (e.g. kindergarten and supported playgroups)
- Children and families actively engage with Maternal & Child Health services
For more information contact the Best Start Community Facilitator or visit the Victorian Government's Best Start website.