Home Maintenance is a service that provides a range of practical ‘handyman’ type tasks that do not require the skills of a qualified tradesperson. It is not an emergency service.
Tasks that are offered by Community Care’s Home Maintenance team include:
Services and work required to ensure your safety within your home.
Services and basic repair work required to make your home more functional (i.e. a plunged sink will function as required), comfortable (i.e. warmer), and or energy/water efficient.
Basic maintenance and small jobs around the home.
- Install smoke alarms with a 10 year battery life.
- Install grab rails and banister rails
- Build and install chair raisers
- Change the direction of bathroom doors
- Install external timber steps
- Install shower rods and curtains
- Install handheld and water saving showerheads
- Minor garden trimming if it will improve safety around the house
- Fix pavers that are creating a trip hazard
- Install ross safety hinges so that doors can be removed easily in an emergency
- Re-hang doors that have dropped
- Replace standard tap and toilet cistern washers
- Replace standard tap fittings
- Change light globes (energy efficient options preferred)
- Install weather strips / door seals
- Re-light pilot lights
- Fix gates
- Replace locks
- Fit and repair fly screens
- Plunge sinks
- Install house numbers
- Fit and change garden hose attachments
- Move fridges to improve efficiency
- Repair letter boxes
- Hang pictures
- Replace washing line cord
- Replace toilet seats
- Install shelves
- Assemble pre-packed furniture
- Install small sheds
- Small paint jobs
- Small plaster repair (holes)
Services out of scope for Home Maintenance
Major building jobs, electrical work, plumbing, regular garden maintenance, gutter cleaning of double story homes, installation of insulation or other work in the ceiling or roof, painting large areas, tiling, construction of pergolas and other major works or work that require specialised skills.
This service is provided by contractors only for clients who own their own single storey homes. It is generally available annually, but may be available more frequently if there is an assessed need. Conditions may apply. Severe weather such as heat, rain or high winds ma cause interruptions to service availability.
Heavy Duty Cleaning
This service is provided by contractors and provides a range of cleaning tasks such as cleaning windows, ovens and exhaust fans. There is a minimum charge of two hours and our contractors are committed to the principles of ‘Green Clean’.
Interactive Gardening is an innovative program for eligible clients to assist them to remain active in their gardens.
Individual goal centred Service Plans are developed for each client to encourage and facilitate them to resume or maintain an active role in their gardens. This program is not a general scheduled gardening or lawn mowing service.
How to access our services
If you are over 65 years of age (over 50 years of age for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) call My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 (Monday to Friday from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm) or visit the My Aged Care website.
If you are under 65 years of age (under 50 years of age for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) call City of Casey Community Care Department on (03) 9705 5444 (Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm) or email email@example.com
If you are aged over 65 years of age (over 50 years of age for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and would like to request additional services or there has been a significant change to needs, call My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 (Monday to Friday from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday from 10 am to 2 pm) or visit the My Aged Care website.
If you are under 65 years of age (under 50 years of age for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and would like to request additional City of Casey services or there has been a significant change to needs, call City of Casey Community Care Department on (03) 9705 5444 (Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org