Connecting Casey’s Communities
The City of Casey has a team of community development professionals working in conjunction with the local community to:
- Encourage and facilitate residents' participation in community activities
- Raise awareness of the individual opportunities provided by Council and community services
- Provide education, information and skill development for all members of the community
- Develop and offer programs for specific communities
- Advocate on behalf of the community
ensuring that this work is driven by the community and supports Council objectives.
Council adopted the Community Development Principles (CD Principles) on 2 August 2005. The CD Principles provide a definition of community development and the underlying principles of community development processes and practice in the City of Casey, along with aims and objectives for community development in the City of Casey.
Local community-based profiles can be found in Casey Demographics.
The Community Development Team undertakes a number of services and activities to help Casey’s communities, including: