Casey Australia Day Awards
Give an outstanding achiever in the Casey Community the recognition they deserve – nominate them for a Casey Australia Day Award. Nominations open each year on 1 September.
These awards pay tribute to outstanding service or commitment to the Casey community by Australian citizens who through their significant contribution enrich the community. This contribution may be through going ‘over and above’ in their professional capacity or through their commitment to a worthy cause in or impacting on the community.
Nominees should share the aspirations of Australians as a whole in terms of tolerance, democracy, equity and equality of opportunity.
You can nominate for the Casey Australia Day Awards in following categories:
- Casey Citizen of the Year (open age)
- Casey Young Citizen of the Year (must be under 25 years of age as at 26 January)
- Casey Senior Citizen of the Year (must be over 60 years of age as at 26 January)
- Casey Sportsperson of the Year (open age)
- Casey Non-resident of the Year (open age)
- Casey Community Event/Activity of the Year Award
- Casey Community Fundraising Event/Activity of the Year Award
Please refer to the nomination forms for eligibility and criteria guidelines.
The 2013 Casey Australia Day Awards will open for nominations on 1 September 2012 and will close at 5pm Friday 9 November 2012. However, nominations for events/activities held between 1 October – 31 December 2012 close at 5pm Friday 4 January 2013. No late nominations will be accepted.
To nominate an individual or an event/activity you can either:
- complete a Casey Australia Day Awards online nomination form, or
- download the form and return via email, in person or post
- if you require a copy of this form in Microsoft Office Word format, please contact the Community Awards Officer on 9705 5200.
You can also request a hard copy nomination form from a City of Casey Customer Service Centre.
Online nomination forms
- Individual Nomination for a 2013 Casey Citizen of the Year Award
- Casey Community Event/Activity of the Year
- Community Fundraising Event/Activity of the Year
Please return the downloadable forms via email, in person or post:
Hand in your form at any of the City of Casey Customer Service Centres
Community Awards Officer
City of Casey
PO Box 1000
NARRE WARREN VIC 3805
For further information call the Community Awards Officer on 9705 5200.
All eligible nominees of a Casey Australia Day Award will be honoured at a formal function, held on Australia Day.
The awards are conducted under the auspices of the Australia Day Council (Victoria) in accordance with their guidelines of the National Australia Day Council yet allowing at the local level for each municipality to adapt and broaden the scope of the awards to better reflect their community.
The City of Casey also recognises, that some people who do not reside in the municipality may nevertheless have contributed greatly to the Casey community and therefore have a category for a Casey Non-resident of the Year Award.
The City of Casey further recognises the contribution of groups and organisations who conduct a one-off community event or activity or a one-off fundraising community event or activity in Casey for the benefit of the wider community.
History of winners