- Area covered by the Precinct Structure Plan - approximately 694 hectares
- Estimated number of dwellings - 6,500 homes
- Estimated future population - 18,200 people
- Estimated number of local jobs - over 8,900 jobs.
Where is it?
The Clyde Creek growth area is located on Casey's eastern growth front. It is bounded by Thompsons Road, Hardys Road, Berwick-Cranbourne Road and Smiths Lane and Pound Road.
What is the vision?
Thompsons Road Precinct Structure Plan identifies the vision for the precinct as a community within a strong employment focus, with local industrial and commercial areas, and major and local town centres planned for the precinct.
Thompsons Road will be a community that integrates business investment with high quality residential development. Characterised by a strong natural ridgeline, extensive views and proximity to Cardinia Creek, a distinct elevated urban amenity will be created.
What will it look like?
The Future Urban Structure plan (2mb) demonstrates how the precinct will be developed over time. It identifies land set aside for a variety of uses, including residential, employment, schools and community facilities.
How will infrastructure be funded?
The Clyde Development Contributions Plan (DCP) applies to the Thompsons Road Precinct Structure Plan area, as well as Clyde Creek PSP and Casey Fields South Residential PSP areas. The plan has been developed to facilitate the provision of some of the key services and facilities required to support the new community. Specifically the DCP:
- Identifies the key infrastructure and services necessary to support a quality and affordable lifestyle for future residents, visitors and workers to the area.
- Establishes a framework for developers and the community to make financial contributions towards the cost of the key infrastructure and services identified to ensure that the cost is shared equitably between the various developers and the wider community.
Where can I get more information?
More information on Thompsons Road Precinct Structure Plan can be found in the Precinct Structure Plan and the Clyde Development Contributions Plan. These documents can be accessed from the Victorian Planning Authority's website.
For any further enquiries relating to Thompsons Road Precinct Structure Plan, please contact the City Planning Department on 03 9705 5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org