- Area covered by the Precinct Structure Plan - approximately 612 hectares
- Estimated number of dwellings - 6,605 homes
- Estimated future population - 18,500 people.
Where is it?
The Clyde North growth area is generally bounded by Grices Road to the north, Thompsons Road to the south, Cardinia Creek to the east and Berwick-Cranbourne Road to the west.
What is the vision?
The Clyde North Precinct Structure Plan identifies that the precinct will be a prosperous, vibrant and sustainable community offering a sense of place characterised by natural settings, quality urban infrastructure and amenities and a strong sense of community.
A series of distinct neighbourhoods will provide housing and services catering to a broad mix of lifestyles, incomes and households. Neighbourhoods will be mixed use and walkable with diverse housing types, pedestrian friendly streets, local open spaces and access to daily needs.
The PSP area is divided into an "Eastern Area" and "Western Area" by the central north-south arterial. Each area contains residential, active and passive open space, and educational opportunities.
What will it look like?
The Future Urban Structure plan (681kb) demonstrates how the precinct will be developed over time. It identifies land set aside for a variety of uses, including residential, employment, schools and community facilities.
How will infrastructure be funded?
The Clyde North Development Contributions Plan (DCP) has been developed to facilitate the provision of some of the key services and facilities required to support the new community. Specifically, the DCP:
- Identifies the key infrastructure and services necessary to support a quality and affordable lifestyle for future residents, visitors and workers to the area.
- Establishes a framework for developers and the community to make financial contributions towards the cost of the key infrastructure and services identified to ensure that the cost is shared equitably between the various developers and the wider community.
Where can I get more information?
More information on Clyde North can be found in the Precinct Structure Plan and Development Contribution Plan. These documents can be accessed from the Victorian Planning Authority's website.
For any further enquiries relating to Clyde North, please contact the Strategic Development Department on 9705 5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.