- Area covered by the Precinct Structure Plan - approximately 1,145 hectares
- Estimated number of dwellings - 13,700 homes
- Estimated future population - 38,400 people
- Estimated number of local jobs - over 7,500 jobs
Where is it?
The Clyde Creek growth area is located on Casey's eastern growth front. It is bounded by Hardys Road, Ballarto Road, Berwick-Cranbourne Road/Clyde-Five Ways Road and Pound Road and Bells Road.
What is the vision?
The Clyde Creek Precinct Structure Plan identifies the vision for the precinct to be a community where a distinct urban form, characterised by a strong grid of high quality streets, is complemented by an extensive natural creek environment and park network. The Clyde major town centre, planned immediately to the north of the potential future Clyde railway station, will deliver extensive services and facilities to the surrounding residential area.
What will it look like?
The Future Urban Structure Plan (1mb) demonstrates how the precinct will be developed over time. It identifies land set aside for a variety of uses, including residential, employment, schools and community facilities.
How will infrastructure be funded?
The Clyde Development Contributions Plan (DCP) applies to the Clyde Creek Precinct Structure Plan area, as well as Thompsons Road PSP and Casey Fields South Residential PSP areas. The plan has been developed to facilitate the provision of some of the key services and facilities required to support the new community. Specifically the DCP:
- Identifies the key infrastructure and services necessary to support a quality and affordable lifestyle for future residents, visitors and workers to the area.
- Establishes a framework for developers and the community to make financial contributions towards the cost of the key infrastructure and services identified to ensure that the cost is shared equitably between the various developers and the wider community.
Where can I get more information?
More information on Clyde Creek can be found in the Precinct Structure Plan and Clyde Development Contributions Plan. These documents can be accessed from the Victorian Planning Authority's website.
For any further enquiries relating to Clyde Creek, please contact the Strategic Development Department on 03 9705 5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.