To which area does this amendment apply?
The amendment applies to approximately 133 hectares of land known as 635 Hall Road, part of 620 Western Port Highway and 690 Western Port Highway, Cranbourne West within the Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan.
The amendment area is bounded to the west by Western Port Highway, to the south by Hall Road, to the north by Central Parkway, and to the east by the Quarters and Lochaven residential communities.
What are the changes proposed in this amendment?
The amendment proposes to facilitate the future use and development of the affected land for residential purposes, by amending the applied zoning of the land from Commercial 2 Zone to the General Residential Zone. It also applies a 5.9% public open space contribution to the land and makes consequential changes to the Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan and various clauses in the Casey Planning Scheme.
More specifically, Amendment C219 proposes to:
- Amend Schedule 1 Clause 37-07 - Urban Growth Zone 07 by:
- Amending “Map 1 to Schedule 1 of Clause 37.07: Cranbourne West Future Urban Structure” by redesignating the Amendment Area from “Industrial” and “Employment Interface” to Standard, Medium and Higher Density Residential, with associated Open Space and an Integrated Family and Community Centre.
- Amending “Map 1 to Schedule 1 of Clause 37.07: Cranbourne West Future Urban Structure” by revising the area required for the “Future Grade Separated Freeway Upgrades and Interchanges” to reflect recent changes to the Public Acquisition Overlay resulting from the gazettal of Amendment C199 to the Casey Planning Scheme.
- Amending Table 1 – Applied Zone Provisions at Clause 2.2 by deleting the reference to “Employment Interface” and correcting the reference to General Residential Zone 1.
- Inserting a mandatory condition at Clause 4.0 requiring the landowners of 635 Hall Road, 620 Western Port Highway and 690 Western Port Highway, Cranbourne West, to enter into a Section 173 Agreement providing for the timing and delivery of community and open space infrastructure required as a result of Amendment C219.
- Amend Plan 1.2 of the Schedule to Clause 52.01 to include the Amendment Area in a “CR9” area requiring a 5.9% public open space contribution.
- Amend Clause 21.02 by replacing the “Strategic Framework Plan” with a new plan that redesignates the Amendment Area from “Key Employment Precincts - Future” to “Urban Areas - Future”.
- Amend Clause 21.18-3 to change the description and extent of employment land in Cranbourne West, and delete reference to the north-south collector road between Hall Road and Thompsons Road.
- Amend Clause 21.18-5 by replacing the “Cranbourne West Local Area Map” with a new map that redesignates the Amendment Area from “Future Industry” to “Residential (Existing / Future)”
- Amend Clause 22.03-6 to update the reference to the Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan (April 2017)
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 81.01 to update the reference to the Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan (April 2017)
- Update and replace the incorporated document Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan (May 2012) with the Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan (April 2017).
Where can you inspect this amendment?
The amendment is available for public inspection, free of charge, during office hours at the following places:
- City of Casey
Customer Service Centre, Main Office and Council Chamber
Bunjil Place, Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren
The amendment can also be inspected free of charge at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Amendment documentation is also available at the following links:
C219 – Amendment Documentation (16mb)
C219 - Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan for Exhibition (Clean Version) (13mb)
C219 - Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan for Exhibition (Track Changes Version) (16mb)
Economic Analysis and Planning Overview April 2017 (7mb)
Traffic Engineering Assessment July 2016 (2mb)
Community Infrastructure Assessment July 2016 (5mb)
Urban Design Response June 2016 (11mb)
Servicing Report June 2016 (1mb)
Cranbourne West Community Consultation Report February 2015 (9mb)
The public exhibition period closed on 31 July 2017.
Further details about the Planning Panel is available from Amendment C219 - Amendment to Cranbourne West Precinct Structure Plan.
For enquiries or further information on Planning Scheme Amendment C219, please contact Council’s Growth Area and Financing Team on 9705 5200 or email email@example.com