Request an Extension
As the owner or occupier of the land, you may apply for an extension of time to the commencement or completion date, as outlined in your existing planning permit:
- before or within 6 months after the permit expiry commencement date, where the use or development allowed by the permit has not yet started,
- within 12 months after the permit expiry completion date, where the development allowed by the permit has lawfully started before the permit expires.
We cannot extend a permit if the request is made outside the above timeframes, and you will not be able to apply to VCAT for a review of the matter.
If you are not the owner/occupier of the land, you must have written consent to act on their behalf.
Documentation you must provide
As well as your application form, you will also be required to provide the following information:
- Proposed time frames for commencement/completion.
- Reasons as to why you require the extension.
- Proof that the development has lawfully commenced before the expiry date.
What happens next
A planning officer will assess your application and contact you.
Talk to us
We’re here to help you with your planning questions. To talk to the planner on duty:
- Call (03) 9705 5200.
- Visit our Narre Warren Customer Service Centre.
Submit your completed Extension of Time to Planning Permit form (594kb). Please also include all relevant documentation and payment. To pay for your application via credit card, please complete a Credit Card Authorisation (249kb)
You can submit your documentation:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- via post to Planning Department, City of Casey, PO Box 1000, Narre Warren VIC 3805
- in person at one of our Customer Service Centres.
Tell us what you think
If you have a minute, we'd love to hear how you found the information on this page. Please complete this very short survey to tell us what you think.