Lodge your application

Apply Online

Documentation you must provide What happens next Metropolitan planning levy
Talk to us
Lodge offline

Documentation you must provide

When lodging your planning application, you should include the following documents, otherwise your application will be automatically rejected:

  • A completed and signed Application for a Planning Permit form.
  • A full and current (no older than 30 days) copy of your Certificate of Title including the Plan of Subdivision and correct ownership details. You can download your title at www.landata.vic.gov.au.
  • A full copy of any registered restrictive covenant or Section 173 Agreements that may apply to your land. These are included on your Certificate of Title or as an attachment to it.
  • A digital copy of your plans. See: Preparing your plans.
  • A covering letter (optional) with a description of the nature of the proposal, the proposed hours and days of operation (if required) and any other relevant information.
  • The application fee. This will generally depend on the cost of the proposed development and/or use.

What happens next

  • Your application will be assigned to a planning officer.
  • You can track it using our online register.
  • The planning officer will undertake a preliminary assessment and contact you.
  • For more information about how we process your application, see: How your planning application is assessed.
  • For more information about the decision process, see: Deciding on a planning application.

Metropolitan planning levy

The Planning and Environment Act 1987 requires a levy payment prior to making a planning permit application for developments valued at over $1 million (indexed annually) within metropolitan council areas (including the whole area within City of Casey).

More information, including how to apply for a Metropolitan Planning Levy certificate, can be found on the State Revenue Office website.

Talk to us

We’re here to help you with general planning matters. We encourage you to talk to us before you submit your planning application. This could save you time and help you to submit your application correctly.

To talk to the planner on duty:

  • Call (03) 9705 5200.
  • Visit our Narre Warren Customer Service Centre

Lodge offline

If you cannot use our online form, please complete the offline version of our Application for a Planning Permit form (340kb). Please include all relevant documentation and payment. To pay for your application via credit card, please complete a Credit Card Authorisation (249kb) form. 

You can submit your documentation: 

  • via email to caseycc@casey.vic.gov.au.
  • via post addressed to Planning Department, City of Casey, PO Box 1000, Narre Warren VIC 3805
  • in person at one of our Customer Service Centres.

Tell us what you think

If you have a minute, we'd love to hear how you found the information on this page. Please complete this very short survey to tell us what you think.