When requesting copies of house or industrial plans it is important to note that house plans and other structure building permits, where available, are the property of the owner. As such, copies of these documents may only be provided to the owner, or an agent of the owner and evidence of identity will be required. eg. drivers licence.
File retrieval and plan/document copying can usually be achieved within 7 business days of the request.
Most people require copies of plans to assist in the preparation of designs for new building work, garages or other outbuildings on the property.
A search and copy fee of $110.00 is payable for file retrieval and plan copying for any one permit/file relating to a detached house or associated outbuildings.
If more than one permit file for buildings on the same property are requested at the same time the additional copies of permits/plans will be at an extra fee of $33.00 per permit file.
Request for House Plans Application form (94kb)
Credit Card Payment form (101kb)
Owners authorisation form (101kb)
Building Permit Documentation
This application will provide you with the Building Permit, Occupancy Permit/Final Certificate and Insurance Certificate (all where available). Please note this application does not include plans. Most people require copies of Building Permit documentation to assist in the preparation of Section 32(s) when selling a property.
A search and copy fee of $65.00 is payable for file retrieval and copying for any set of documents for each structure.
Request for Building Permit Documentation form (101kb)
Credit Card Payment form (76kb)
Plans and other documents relating to multi-unit residential developments or commercial / industrial / public buildings can also be provided, however additional issues pertaining to ownership may apply and may limit the extent of the information available. It is recommended that for larger projects the permit file should be perused by the applicant after retrieval and the documents required be identified for copying. Additional copying charges may apply for large developments with very large plan sets.
A search and copy fee of $185.00 is applicable for multi-unit residential developments or commercial / industrial / public buildings.
Additional permit files relating to commercial / industrial / public buildings will be subject to the full search fee of $130.00.
Request for Industrial Plans Application form (99kb)
Credit Card Payment form (101kb)
When requesting copies of house or industrial plans please be aware:
- The search fees are non-refundable and there is no guarantee that the required plans or documents can be located or will be good enough quality for the intended purpose .
- Permit files more than 40 years old are unlikely to be available.
- Boundary setbacks and other dimensions shown on permit file plans should not be relied upon without being confirmed on site.
- Sewer drainage lines are rarely shown on building permit plans and stormwater (roof run off) drainage lines, if shown, are usually indicative only and also cannot be relied upon without being confirmed on site.
- Fees for file retrieval can either be paid by credit card (on the application form), cheque or through our customer service centre.