Experience hands on, interactive learning at Myuna Farm. Students are introduced to the concept of a sustainable environment and their role in contributing to it. The program was developed in conjunction with students from a local Primary School supported by funding from Sustainability Victoria.
Energy and Climate Change.
- Discuss the difference between renewable and non-renewable energy sources.
- Visit and discuss the renewable energy features of Myuna Farm.
- Conduct an energy audit: calculate the watts required to power every day appliances.
- Pot up a seed, learn what a plant needs to grow and why it is beneficial to grow your own vegies.
- Identification trail: visit scare-crows in our community gardens and learn the health benefits of different vegies.
- Experience the wonder of the gigantic rubbish bin at Myuna Farm.
- Learn about the four R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle and Re-think.
- Catch a train down to the wetlands where the activity is conducted.
- Learn about wetlands habitat conservation. Find out how human activities can affect the wetlands and test the health of the wetland by examining the biodiversity.
Each session runs for between 30 and 120 minutes and will be scheduled to accommodate your group’s needs.
Students: $12.50 per student, *GST free for schools only
A discounted price will be offered for Term 1 bookings
Adults: FREE (when ratio of adults to students is less than 1-5). Additional adults: $10 each
Bookings and Enquiries: Ph: 9706 9944 Email: email@example.com