Council is thrilled to be partnering with the Melbourne Stars for the next three Big Bash League seasons, and is looking forward to showing its support for this exciting team as the Big Bash League (BBL) continues to grow in popularity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to ensure that residents will have exposure to some of the best sports players and personalities in the country.
Council will work with the Melbourne Stars to boost the profile of sport and active recreation in the community and to help establish pathways from beginner to representative and elite levels of competition.
The Stars will be involved in a number of community programs and activities throughout the year, promoting cricket and the development of sport and physical activity in Casey.
Melbourne Stars Family Day
The City of Casey has again teamed up with the Melbourne Stars to present the sixth annual Melbourne Stars Family Day for the Casey community on Sunday 17 December 2017 at Casey Fields in Cranbourne East.
Come along to the fantastic FREE family event to:
- Meet players from the Melbourne Stars Male and Female Cricket Teams including captains John Hastings and Kristen Beams.
- Interact, take part in activities and score an autograph from your favourite players.
- There will be FREE family fun throughout the day including rides, kids workshops and activities, face painting, animal encounters, roving entertainers and stalls!
- Melbourne Stars will also be running a range of fun, cricket activities for the community to enjoy including Stars Land, cricket inflatables and a double pitch throwing activity.
- Local cricketers will take part in a Milo in2CRICKET clinic coordinated from 12.00 pm -12.45 pm.
- There will also be plenty of cricket action for people to watch on the day on one of the ovals. A Harmony in Cricket All-Star match will take place between 9.00 am and 12.00 pm. These teams are selected from teams within the Kings Premier League – a local competition. A Pathways (two x under-18 state carnival teams) match will also take place from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
Date: Sunday 17 December 2017
Time: 11.00 am – 3.00 pm
Venue: Casey Fields, Berwick - Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne East