The City of Casey manages an events program to encourage and support our community and celebrate its diversity.
The information below is designed to help you plan a safe and successful event. It provides advice on:
- Council’s role in your event, including approval processes and services offered; and
- Your role in planning your event, including the items you will need to consider and documents you need to prepare.
The City of Casey Events Unit can assist to help you run a safe and successful event and navigate you through our approval process.
If you are planning to hold an event in Casey, the first step is to call the Events Unit on 03 9705 5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to provide an event date, location, expected numbers and the types of activities you will be having at your event. (e.g Rides, Food, Liquor and Fireworks). Please ensure you provide 2 - 3 months notice of your event.
We will assess your event and provide advice on if you are required to go through the formal event approval process, what Council permits you need and what services we offer
Events come in many different sizes and cover a wide range of activities. Whether your event is small or large, there are similarities in the planning process. As the event organiser, you are responsible for planning the event and ensuring it complies with relevant laws and procedures.
Planning your event
If you are planning an event in Casey, there are a number of things you need to consider and documents you need to prepare. These include:
- First aid
You must provide qualified first aid services and officers at your event. Many companies supply first aid services at a charge. Bookings should be made at least one month before your event and cover event set-up and pack-up.
- Event Documents
- Approvals, permits and licences
- Temporary structures
- Rides including Jumping Castles
Working with Council: The approval process
Step 1: Call for Advice
Call the Events Unit on 9705 5200 or email email@example.com to discuss your event and determine whether you need to go through our formal approval process.
If the Events Unit determines your event does not need to go through the process, please use the Event Planning Guide (1mb) to help you organise a safe and successful event.
If you are required to go through the Event Approval process, please continue to Step 2.
Step 2: Apply for event approval:
You complete and lodge the Event Application form (239kb) with supporting documentation.
Step 3: Assessment:
The Events Unit assesses your application and determines what other information, plans or Council permits are required.
Step 4: Requirements letter:
The Events Unit sends you a letter listing all requirements that are required to approve your application and the date you need to provide them by.
Step 5: Complete requirements:
You action the requirements listed in the letter and then advise the Events Unit when complete.
City of Casey Events Unit offers free services to community and not-for-profit groups and organisations:
- Community Event Sign – The City of Casey has a Community Event Sign in Cranbourne to help promote your event.
- The online events calendar – A FREE marketing tool that can be used to promote events.
- Event Forums – Up to two FREE Event Forums are held each year for event organisers, to tell you about Council event related services and provide networking opportunities.
- Event Equipment Loan – A limited selection of event equipment is available.
- Funding and grants – There are a range of grants and funding opportunities available to community groups, organisations and individuals within Casey.
- Volunteer Matcher - Volunteer Matcher is a one-stop portal for volunteering in the City of Casey.