Casey Alcohol Accord 2011-2016
The City of Casey has developed the Casey Alcohol Accord 2011 - 2016 in partnership with Victoria Police, Department of Justice – Responsible Alcohol Victoria, licensed venues and packaged liquor outlets in the City of Casey.
The Accord is a voluntary agreement between businesses selling liquor and government representatives in the City of Casey to promote the responsible service, sale and consumption of alcohol, and encourage a high standard of behaviour in the community. The Accord provides Best Practice Principles and Self Audit Checklists for businesses to use guiding ‘Responsible Service of Alcohol’, ‘Improved Safety and Security’, ‘Commitment to Being Good Neighbours’ and ‘Packaged Liquor Responsibilities’.
Aim of the Accord:
To contribute to the health, wellbeing and safety of the residents and visitors to the City of Casey, by promoting the responsible service, sale and consumption of alcohol and to foster a pleasant amenity within the City of Casey by encouraging high standards of behaviour in the community.
Casey Alcohol Accord Working Group:
The City of Casey facilitates a quarterly Alcohol Accord working group. The purpose of this group is to bring together stakeholders to collaborate toward achieving this aim of the Casey Alcohol Accord. Membership of this group is made up of representatives from the City of Casey, Victoria Police, Department of Justice – Responsible Alcohol Victoria, licensed venues and packaged liquor outlets in the City of Casey. The role of the working group is to:
- Foster communication and maintain partnerships as a commitment to the Alcohol Accord.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the Casey Alcohol Accord.
- Identify emerging issues that need to be addressed in relation to alcohol harm minimisation within the City of Casey.
- Set priorities and actions of the Working Group, which will be detailed in an ongoing action plan.
- Work co-operatively to contribute to initiatives that emerge from the action plan.
- Develop a means of communicating achievements to the broader community.
How to become involved:
Managers or owners of licensed venues or packaged liquor outlets within the City of Casey are invited to become involved in the Casey Alcohol Accord Working Group. For further information, please contact Council’s Health Promotion team on 9705 5200.
Click on the PDF documents below to download the following: